Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pondering...

Sometimes, a quilt idea comes full-blown in my mind and I rootle through my stash and simply start sewing. I have no real plan, not sure if I have all the right fabrics, and usually am rather fluid on exactly what the pattern will be. I piece it together as I go; watching the colors unfold, the patches fall into place, the vision in my mind becoming a reality. I sew because I want to see how the final quilt will look.

I write the same way. I start with an idea and then I start piecing it together, watching the characters unfold, the situation fall into place until the story in my mind becomes a reality. I write because I want to see how the story ends.

Just pondering my choices of creativity and noting the similarities. I've been quilting all evening and just finished the quilt top. It was an idea I got from my niece, Katie. She used bold colors...I used pastels. The quilt top looks exactly the way I wanted it to look - sweet, innocent and girly. I hope the recipient likes it.

And now, I'm off to bed.

No comments: