Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quilting & Crafts

I've been busy this month. My neighbor made a painted rock Nativity for me which is gorgeous.



In return, I made her a tablerunner and coasters to match her kitchen/dining room.



Becky's Tablerunner and Coasters.

I also made quilts for my sister's twin grandsons. The twins have a 7 year old sister who helped make the quilt by drawing the pictures. My sister then embroidered the pictures onto squares of fabric. I pieced the squares to a flannel fabric and back. The babies should be snug and warm this winter.



Tristan's Quilt



Sam's Quilt

And since the sewing machine was out, I made my daughter a new terrycloth pillow case and repaired my Mom's antique tatted reticule that Becky and I bought for her birthday.

I sense more sewing in my future - there are still quilts to make and careful repairs needing made on some antique textiles I acquired from various places.

No comments: