Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lots of things...

I've been so busy I've not had time to really write, but if you go here, you can see what I'm doing with my time.

www.constructiondiarystahels.blogspot.com

In the meantime, life is moving ever forward. Richard has been in Saudi Arabia for nearly 2 months now.

The dogs and I are adjusting to our country life. Flint was a little scared at first but has now become quite intrepid. Echo is fearless as ever, but for some reason is bothered by my Pa. She is not afraid, she just won't come to him when called. We believe that with Richard gone, she thinks Pa is challenging her place in the pack.

In other funny news, I did something nice for my sister and she said if I would do it, she'd buy a lotto ticket and if she won, she'd split her winnings with me. Today, I got a $1 bill in the mail. Yes, she won the lotto. Two whole bucks. She sent my half to me. Sisters!

In family news, my niece Katie's horse passed away. Dollar was 30 years old and had been ailing for a while. Katie babied him and made sure he was comfortable every day because he was her baby, her first horse.

Mom and Pa and I are getting into a routine. We work in the mornings up at Echo Ridge, come home for lunch and a nap, and then back up to work. Sometimes, Mom and I simply go shopping for things we need and Pa works alone. The shed should be finished sometime this week. Once its done, we will solidify details for the garage apartment and then Pa will make drawings and we'll eventually start building. That will probably be started sometime in May. We plan to take a break and maybe go sightseeing for a day or two before we dive in and start on the next phase of our building.




No comments: