Monday, June 26, 2006

Blogger Hell...

Well, seems its not going away.

I finally gave up on posting pictures to the construction blog as it simply didn't work. I decided to start a new Construction Diary 2 to continue where I left off. No deal. It also refuses to post photos.

So, the Construction Diary is a standstill until I can find another free blog site that will allow the posting of photos.

We're not happy with some of the progress of one of the contractors. Pa will not be using him again when the time comes next year to start building his own house. The contractor does a great job, but he's NEVER here when he says and the promise of getting the job done in days is false. We're now into the 5th week of what was supposed to be a "4 day job." He also did several things that although they were "code" weren't really the best thing to do. Pa has already fixed one thing and made it better. Pa and I also did part of the work the man had included in the original estimate. The contractor had the grace to drop $100 off the estimate, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

We have to slow down for 30 days or so to let the foundation cure. We have been informed we can build on it right away, but Pa has 30 years of building experience and has seen what happens when concrete's not allowed to cure well.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing to keep busy in that time frame - I do have some writing to do and I set my laptop up in my condo last night. I expect to be polishing a manuscript for publication soon.

Anyway, off to see what kind of trouble I can get into!

No comments: