Friday, December 28, 2007

AWOL...

Wow - its been hectic! And I'm still not done with Christmas! My two daughters are coming in January, so we will have another holiday with them. I'm leaving the tree up and the wreath on the door. I also still need to send out the cards and a few gifts I didn't manage to mail out before the big day. And of course, I'm one quilt behind in the gifting arena, but I'm almost done with it!

On the homefront, Flint goes in for his operation on January 4. As we suspected, the ligament has torn completely, no healing there. The leg is atrophying from lack of use and his front left leg is taking the brunt of weight causing the elbow joint to bow out. I don't want him old and arthritic before his time so the operation must be done. It will be hard for him. Flint and Echo have never been separated. I'm hoping he'll bounce back quick from this necessary evil. Here they are dressed for Christmas:



I received lots of lovely gifts. My family and friends know me so well! I received fine teas & a special mug, candles, meltaway mints, BigFoot slippers, perfume, an antique cheesebox with Santa handpainted on it, lovely clothes, dishes, books...and so much more. The love and cameraderie of my family and friends is deep and genuine! Here's a pic of me wearing some of my gifts:



Yes, those ARE my new drop seat pajamas. And BigFoot slippers (our family has a joke about the Missouri Monster - MoMo - a BigFoot spotted about 4 miles from here a dozen times since the early 70s). I guess this brings a whole new meaning to Psalms 31:22 - "...she dresses in fine linens and purple gowns..."

I loved reading the cards and letters from distant family and friends. And the pictures! The kids are growing, going to college, and just WOW!

All in all, a lovely holiday for our family and friends. My only regret is that I didnt' get all my Nativities out, however, here is a sampling of what I managed to find in the garage!



From left to right: Stained glass Nativity, Old World Nativity with candle behind, small olive wood Nativity, Mother-Of-Pearl Nativity, tiny soapstone Nativity, wooden contemporary Nativity, and a Mikasa crystal Nativity.

And to all a good night!

1 comment:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog!