Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What am I doing?

I'm in Germany, hanging with the bro and his family.

Been cooking, shopping and partying, too.

I arrived on Friday morning to SNOW! I'll post pictures later as I can't read German and the Paint program process of resizing pics is beyond my capabilities. All my luggage arrived with me this time! Yeah!

We've been having a lot of fun going out and about, the weather is so funny - our big question of the day is always 'longjohns...or not?' LOL

Friday night was a going away party at the sports bar - the DJ was great, he played a mixure of old American/British rock and roll, German rock and traditional drinking songs. And a little techno and modern stuff, too. Chuck wouldn't dance with me during Billy Idol's 'Mony,'Mony' but everyone got up and danced to 'Freak Out.' It was loud, fun and long...just the way a good party should be! We all came home and slept like rocks until the next day LOL.

The babies (Chuck's grandkids, ages 9, 7 and 4), are just as cute as can be, even though they don't speak English and I don't speak German. We get by with handsignals, drawing pictures, pointing and a lot of posturing and gestures. We all manage to have a good time...except they've all three soundly whomped me at the game MEMORY. My memory ain't what it used to be...LOL.

Sylvia is a great cook and has been showing me all kinds of recipes...she made a black forest cake...and today we're getting a buttercream cake...sigh.

We went to brunch at Jessie's place of work, LandGasthof HessenMuhle. It was divine...simply divine. We walked about the farm and ponds afterwards, just to work off all the good food. I had dinner there before, which was also fabulous. If you ever get a chance, GO.

I met old friends again from the first time I visited, we spent an afternoon with them, too.

Tomorrow, the chef from the Gasthof is coming over to teach me a few of the favorites I had at the brunch! I'm really excited, I actually love to cook but never really had the time before. With retirement, I hope I can do a lot of experimenting in my new kitchen! Once the house is built, of course!

I leave Thursday morning for home...wonder what the weather will be like there? LOL

No comments: