Saturday, August 27, 2005

April 17, 2005

Work and work and more work...
We met our new neighbors yesterday...seem to be okay folk.I completely sewed the top of SECOND STAR TO THE LEFT, STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING together. This is the quilt that was lying on the floor. The one Echo and Flint misappropriated blocks from to play with in their wrassling. It looks way kewl. Alas! What I had intended to use as backing is NOT big enough! Sigh. Off to the fabric store one of these days to find something appropriate. The quilt's name comes from Peter Pan (the book). Peter tells Wendy that he lives at "Second star to the right, straight on till morning." The people who participated in this swap all decided to twist the points of the Friendship Stars we made to the right. I had planned to do a spiral galaxy layout and I was hoping they'd go left. When they didn't - I made ONE of my blocks with left-pointed stars. I placed it in the second position at the start of the center spiral of my galaxy set. It looks pretty cool. I found a star fabric that has tiny gold and silver stars all over it, so that's the background. As soon as I can figure out what I am doing wrong in regards to my webpage, I'll post pictures. Richard is painting the closet here in my sewing room. I have to turn on the fan, which blows the fabric around so I suppose I need to meander into another room for the duration. Or, I can go take a nap.

No comments: