Wednesday, August 24, 2005

October 26, 2004

Not so slow day...
Of course, it was payday for the drivers. Weekends always pile up a little work for me, too. I have to enter all the hotshots that were made those 2 days. I rushed home and began sewing for my Fall Gift Exchange. I still haven't finished it as I had to stop and make dinner (pasta e fagioli) and cookies for work tomorrow. Paul and Sandra are coming in to visit. They worked in the other offices for the other business but retired to Las Vegas about a month after I arrived. Their sons run the other business, so they drop in when they're in town. Steve and I cleaned and wiped down counters and vacuumed in anticipation. I made fresh tea (both sweetened and unsweetened) and am baking cookies right now. Jenny signed her life away today. She received her letter of intent to hire from Exxon and they gave her until this month to decide if she wanted to work for them. She quite happily signed it today. Start date - April 4, 2005. Today is Chuey's birthday! She's a whole 24 years old now! Chuey is my "adopted" daughter - All throughout college she was dorm mates with either Leslie or Jenny or one of their other mutual friends. She'll be coming to visit us at Christmas. In other news - go here to take a look at Leslie and Jenny...

Yes, that's them...at Leslie and her roommates' Tasteless And Tacky party, which they threw as a housewarming when they moved into their new place 3 months ago! Chuey was at the party, too but seems to have avoided getting her picture taken! I'll see if I can scare up a photo anyway. Richard and I have a Halloween party to attend on Friday evening, too. Sometime between now and then, I must make or figure out some kind of costume for us. He wants me to make us pirates, since I have Jenny's costume already made. We shall see. I tried to convince him to write "CHAD" on a T-shirt and put a noose around his neck and I'd dress up like an old lady with the gray bun wig, big purse and clodhoppers and be a Florida voter (Florida voters and hanging chads? Get it?). He thought that was tacky. Oh, well. Anyway, last batch of cookies is in the oven and once they're done, I'm off to bed!


No comments: