Saturday, August 27, 2005

June 11, 2005

Been a while...
We've been very busy with keeping the house clean for people looking to buy. It’s not really hard as both Richard and I are inclined to be neat anyway. Just a matter of keeping dishes done, laundry off the floor and an occasional swipe with dust cloth and vacuum. We went to Oklahoma to help my sister move and to Missouri to visit Mom and Pa. We had loads of fun but 5 days was too short! The dogs loved running around the property at our place in Missouri. Pa had brush-hogged a "road" into our land - wow. The place is a jungle. I'll post pictures when I get time. Richard and Pa went about surveying and finding a place to build the storage unit. They mapped out where the house and garage can go later. Mom and I went shopping to her place of work - the gas station. But this is a new modern gas station which has a gift shop and a clothing store in it. And very upscale. They had fancy chocolates and estate jewelry for sale in the gift shop. I bought an antique emerald ring. I finally found jeans that fit in the clothing store - Men's slim professional bull-riders! I bought 3 pairs. And a pair of leather slip-ons. At Margaret's we got to see Tammy and Anni (and Maggie and Katie, too). Anni loved Richard because he let her hold the leash to walk the dog and she repeated everything he said. She called Echo "Eh-ho." Too cute. We managed to fill the 4Runner with stuff and also got to watch Katie ride her newest, horse - a stunning Appaloosa named Brego. I got some good pictures so I need to post them, too. We came home to cleaning and lawn-mowing chores. I also took the dogs in for their annual shots and check - Flint has an ear infection and Echo has dermatitis from insect bites. Both needed meds for those. Dogs are expensive! But they're all vaccinated against everything.More later - I need to write for a while. Or maybe read more...hmmm...

No comments: