Wednesday, August 24, 2005

November 2, 2004

20041102

Not a lot going on...
Work was very quiet today. Perhaps the rain and dropping temps had something to do with that. It was in the 60s when I went to work, with a nip of fall in the air. No one was in the office except Paul and I, so finally, I got up and made half a pot of coffee. At practically the precise moment it finished, Steve, Pat, Sandra and David came in and some of them wanted coffee! Last night we had thunder and lightening, a storm front moved in. The dogs were most upset and paced and whined outside my bedroom door until we let them in. Flint dove under Richard's armpit and stayed there most of the night. Echo sprawled across my legs at the foot of the bed. Each time I tried to move my numbed feet from under 50 pounds of dog, she'd grunt and scoot nearer. Richard said when he woke up this morning that he was on my side of the bed, Flint was sprawled next to him, Echo was taking up the lower half and I was laying sideways on five inches of mattress with my feet on the floor. Those dogs are spoiled! I came home from work and took a long nap because I was tired. Once awake, I made pasta e fagioli for dinner along with toasted parmesan french bread. Richard came home just in time to eat and catch the election updates. We voted on Friday so we'd not have to face the crowds today. In a side note, I've been taking music to work to listen to. Boss took my heavy metal/hard rock mix - he likes it. Okay, there's stuff that isn't quite heavy metal, including Aerosmith's I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING which they played at his wedding. So, maybe I can get it tomorrow...or not. I've not done any writing or sewing today. Well, except this. I suppose I need to go work on Christmas things.

No comments: