Saturday, August 27, 2005

February 5, 2005

The weekend writer...
I've discovered I may be a weekend writer. While DH putters about the yard or on his computer with work-related stuff, I come in here to play. Only after reading blogs, boards and following interesting links I get bored. So I pull up a book I'm working on and start writing. Last weekend I wrote 20 pages. This weekend I'm up to 17.I actually enjoy it. There's no pressure to perform. I can edit at my leisure and ponder and cut and paste. I can take a nap, go out with the dogs, eat lunch, do a load of laundry and maybe even catch a stray Instant Message or two. And all in my pajamas! One could get used to this life. Alas! The real world will intrude. I'm finding myself getting through my work days by promising myself a writing weekend. It appears to be working. Richard is enjoying his no-pressure weekends, too. We're still working in making the house saleable, but we're doing it at a leisurely pace. Things are getting done as we get to them. I really feel both of us are ready to retire. Our interests are becoming more important than the working life. And it used to be the other way around. Anyway, back to writing!

No comments: