Saturday, August 27, 2005

May 21, 2005

We did it...
The house is now on the market. We even have a sign out front. We still need to paint the living room walls and trim, the dining room ceiling, walls and trim, our bedroom trim and Richard's office trim and closet.Last night, I worked on the house notebook. I put in documents the buyer will need. I included the instructions for the alarm system. I also put the engineer's report for the house inspection we had done. Then I attached the receipts showing all the repairs, upgrades and maintenance we've done. And of course, the waste management information, hurricane information, the paint color cards we used, and other stuff like that. I deep-cleaned today, vacuuming, dusting even the high spots, and mopping the floors on my hands and knees (2nd day of that!). I cleaned the grout in the kitchen, living room walkway, the 25 foot hall and the L of the hall to the garage. It took HOURS! I also cleaned up the laundry room. The house looks great. Richard landscaped, pruned and trimmed everything in the backyard. He put down more mulch, too. It looks fabulous. I really love this house and am so glad I bought the plans for it. I have no idea if we'll be able to ever build it again, but if we can, I certainly will!

No comments: